President Benigno S. Aquino III led the inauguration and unveiling of market of the newly constructed PAGASA weather radar station in Barangay Buenavista, Municipality of Bato, Catanduanes and the ceremonial switch-on of Solong and Hitoma 1 Mini-Hydropower plants owned and operate by Sunwest Water and Electric Co. Inc. (SUWECO).>p? The President was accompanied by Energy Secretary Jose Rene Almendras and DOST Secretary Mario Montejo. The state-of-the-art Doppler radar was granted through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), for the improvement of Meteorological Radar Systems in the country. The completion of the project will result in the improved accuracy of forecast and the timeliness of warnings in order to minimize human casualties and damages to properties due to the occurrences of weather disturbances and the associated floods and landslides.
While the ceremonial switch-on of the Solong and Hitoma 1 mini-hydropower plants will produce 2.1 megawatts and 1.5 megawatts using different turbine power. The project overview was led by Mr. Elizaldy Co, Chairman of the board SUWECO. The company was primarily engage in the development of clean energy resources such as hydropower and solar and the provision of bulk water facilities to rural communities.
Brgy. Buenavista, Bato, Catanduanes
May 2, 2012
Source: RTVMRELATED LINKS:
- Letters from ERC - 1 - ERC explains composition of PPA charged by FICELCO
- Letter from ERC - 2 - ERC explains the flow of PPA charged by power cooperatives.
- Reasons Not to Acquire SPUG Gensets - Reasons not to bid for FICELCO power gensets
- DOE Gives Go Signal For More Mini Hydro Plants - Construction of Mini-hydro in Catanduanes
- Our Next Gateway to Bicol - Planned port in Caramoran Catanduanes by 2010
- Reason for Carbon Projects Development - Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
- Power Load Characteristics - Power consumption of Catanduanes
- Why So Much Interest to Build RE Plants? - Carbon credits and climate change
- Development of Tidal Power Plant - Proposed tidal power plant in Catanduanes
- Planned Windpark in Baras - Location of the proposed windpark in Baras, Catanduanes
- IFRERA Project - Innovative Financial Scheme for Sustainable Renewable Energy Project in Rural Areas in Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia
- Taming the Howling Winds - Proposal by SUWECO to construct a windpark in Baras, Catanduanes
- Second Look at Tidal Power Development - Proposed tidal power plant development in Catanduanes